Bringing next generation materials to market with cutting-edge technologies.
At Cal Nano, we envision a world in which our advanced technologies are used to help make the most innovative products on this planet and beyond. We are trusted by global leaders to help push the boundaries of applied material science by utilizing our unique technical expertise and vision.
- Employees first corporate structure - At Cal Nano, we prioritize the well-being and satisfaction of its employees before all else. By putting employees first, we aim to create a positive and productive work environment that fosters creativity, collaboration, and innovation. This leads to better employee retention, engagement, and ultimately, better business outcomes.
- We strive to constantly improve, grow & innovate - We are committed to continuously improving our products, services, and processes. We recognize that staying ahead of the competition requires constant innovation and adaptation to changing market conditions. By fostering a culture of continuous improvement and encouraging experimentation, we can identify new opportunities and stay ahead of the curve
- Adapt to our customer’s needs - We emphasize the importance of being customer-centric and responsive to their needs. At Cal Nano, we recognize that customer needs are constantly evolving, and we must be agile enough to adapt quickly to changing demands.
- We act with integrity to meet or beat expectations - We understand the importance of maintaining a high level of ethical conduct in all business dealings. We recognize that trust is critical to building and maintaining long-term relationships with customers, partners, and employees. By acting with integrity and meeting or exceeding expectations, we can build a strong reputation and establish ourselves as a trusted and reliable partner in the marketplace.
Cal Nano hosts a complement of advanced processing and testing capabilities for your materials research & production needs. Multiple in-house Spark Plasma Sintering systems, cryogenic mills, mechanical testing, and tooling fabrication combine for agile ability to serve our customers. R&D and pilot-scale production services are performed by Cal Nano for customers across all industries, universities and labs. Programs range from Space, Nuclear, Aerospace, Energy, and much more.
Cal Nano’s Core Technologies - Spark Plasma Sintering (SPS) and Cryogenic Milling.
Spark Plasma Sintering (SPS)(aka Field Assisted Sintering Technology (FAST))
SPS is an advanced sintering & bonding technique for all varieties of materials including metallic alloys, high-temp ceramics, high entropy alloys, and everything in between. Cal Nano provides powder consolidation and material bonding toll services via its multiple Spark Plasma Sintering Systems for everything from fundamental R&D to production. Parts can be sintered from sizes ranging from 10 mm to 6" OD and max temperature of 2500 C. Cal Nano also has inert glove box handling capabilities for nanomaterials and powders sensitive to air/oxygen.
Cryogenic Milling is a cutting-edge powder processing technique used for particle size reduction (to nano scale), mechanical alloying and nano-grain refinement. This process is high energy attrition ball milling at cryogenic temperatures which provides unique benefits to traditional milling/mixing technology. Cal Nano provides toll services for R&D along with production and has multiple milling systems on-site.
Other Services offered by Cal Nano
- Spark Plasma Sintering & Hot Pressing Tooling fabrication & design
- Wire EDM & machining of metals and metallic alloys
- Tensile, Compression and Hardness Testing
- Planetary Ball Milling
- V-blending/ Tumble Milling
- Particle Size Analysis via laser diffraction